Thread: Tulsa Videos
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 11:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
It's not that different. Please. Hardly ANYTHING from tusk. A direct FU to Lindsey.
...it's exactly 1/3 songs they NEVER play plus three covers. The most variety we got in the past was one dredged up Tusk song from Stevie or Lindsey or the electric version of Go Insane. For Fleetwood Mac, given their history as a touring oldies band, you have to admit that's staggering.

Also the band may be petty but I doubt they didn't include many songs from Tusk as a manifestation of their feelings towards Lindsey Buckingham. Christine never played any of hers consistently anyway and Stevie pulls out hers at random. This is the real world here. I'm obviously not familiar with the band personally, but I doubt they are the monstrous caricatures that statement makes them out to be, even if we don't agree with their decision.

Plus they didn't cover Mirage at all.

"The face of a pretty girl x1,000,000" -Isn't It Midnight (The song that got me into Christine McVie)

"The sun is bright, but not too bright to see. When the darkness comes you've got to fly into the light." -Doing What I Can (The song that got me into Lindsey Buckingham)

"I can still hear you saying you would never break the chain" -The Chain (The song that got me into Fleetwood Mac)