View Single Post
Old 05-30-2021, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
I was checking Wikipedia's Tusk page references, and found this paragraph extracted from Evans, Mike (2011). "Superstardom". Fleetwood Mac: The Definitive History (a book I have not read), and it says “"It was Mick Fleetwood, however, who made the first decision concerning the new record: that it was going to be a double album”.
Hi,
I've got this book. I'd recommend it. It's a big opus of a book and nicely laid out. A few obiquitous mistakes, but generally a nice book to have. Probably my favourite Fleetwood Mac-related book.

That part in particular;

It was Mick Fleetwood, however, who made the first decision concerning the new record: that it was going to be a double album. Given that just the one disc of Rumours took so much time to complete, he realised that a double would be far more expensive in terms of studio costs alone. The answer, Mick proposed was to buy their own studio, avoiding both by-the-hour charges and the hassle enountered with Rumours of moving from studio to studio to get the final results they wanted.

later, it goes on to say;

At one stage he (LB) announced that he was planning a solo album, but the band- anxious to keep him 'on side' in every way- said he could include his experiments as part of the new release. 'That's how in essence it came to be a double album' Christine would later claim, although Mick had already planned to make it a two disc release.

In truth, Rumours was such a massive hit, they all probably thought they could sh!t miracles and whatever they did was going to be a massive success. Why not do a double album?

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood