Thread: Tango Questions
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2022, 12:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chain View Post
I always thought the intro and little instrumental bridge in Little Lies sounded like Lindsey’s guitar run through a synth
I assume it was something like that. Among other things, he used a pitch bend. I think Chris plays the DX7 figure—the one you hear in the mid range during the verses. It’s a little broken triad pattern, very easy to play while you’re singing, so I guess she played it on tour, too. But that pentatonic intro and bridge is not a Christine thing. Rick Vito did that part on guitar on the tours he did with Mac with a rapid tremolo.

There’s a demo of “Everywhere” floating around somewhere, which was first aired on a Timothy White interview on the radio back around 1988 or 1989. You can hear the DX7 on that prominently (it sounds like a digital suitcase Rhodes and it was very common on all those sappy love ballads of the 80s). I don’t think that demo keyboard was kept on the album cut — all I can hear on “Everywhere” is a very phat pad. But as John Run noted, she didn’t even play that on tour, instead switching to maracas.

moviekinks.blogspot.com