View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 07:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
I really love the Christine Perfect album. Its straightforward production is far from being a defect, as some fans of the later Mac would believe, I'm sure. To my ear, the simple, mostly unadorned recording of voice, keyboards, and drums/bass/guitar accompaniment is just right.

I'm sorry that Chris herself has criticized this album, when in my opinion what she doesn't like about it is why it's so good.

I absolutely love listening to the early Christine on keyboards, up through the end of the Bob Welch era of the Mac. Her piano and organ work on the early recordings is so prominent in the mix, and such a pleasure to hear. In fact, I really dislike the way the later Mac recordings tended to mix her keyboards down to the point that they sometimes get lost in the mix.
Agreed. When you hear the early take of Sugar Daddy, the organ is tasty!! It's so mixed down in the original studio that I cringe now when I hear it.