View Single Post
Old 03-11-2022, 03:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
Amazing and puzzling why she does not put that second vault album out and tour it.

Exactly the point. When Lindsey says she has dried up recently, it’s a little cringe to think that she actually dried up thirty years ago. I mean, despite a few scattered cool songs, she hasn’t been operating at the level of a great songwriter in at least that long (for me personally, it’s even longer). She hasn’t written a “Sara” in forty years — and a “Dreams” or a “Gold Dust Woman” in Jesus years. Her burst of powerful songwriting energy in her mature years never arrived, and I expected it to. Her big statements as a lyricist, with all those songs that captured a generation, ended before middle age. We keep wanting her to return to the fore with an essential batch of songs, but she seems unable to funnel all that middle-age wisdom into songs that equal or exceed her earlier great work.
She did an interview in Fall of 2014 where she said how when she tours for 24 Karat, she would do 24 K songs and ones she didn't do from In Your Dreams and when she did a second 24 K, she'd perform those new songs and those she didn't do from the first 24 K.
I wish I could find that interview because she actually wasn't nice to the interviewer. The interviewer asked Stevie if she might do Silver Springs on her solo tour and Stevie shot back with "You just go through and choose"
She was probably not happy she had to be awake during business hours.

If you read Stevie's New Yorker interview, she says she has plenty of memories to pull from to write love songs.