Thread: Christine News!
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2008, 11:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I remember ITM being rumored on here a year or 2 prior to its actual release, and I agree that a new Christine solo album would be very much appreciated. My favourites from that album are "Givin it back", "Friend", "Bad Journey" and "Sweet Revenge". I enjoyed the RNB sound of "Forgiveness", a lot, too, but I had been hoping for more of her own keyboard work than such a high number of funk rhythm guitar. Still, it's probably down to who's the guitarist and what does the producer want. I'd be very happy if she'd invite Billy Burnette and Michael Thompson (that solo on "Hollywood (Some Other Kind of Town)" is fabulous) to the sessions, and would love it if she'd dare to prominently feature herself playing vintage keyboards from the 70s and 80s.
Hopefully, she'll find a label to license the new record to, because Sanctuary Records, who released ITM is not in business anymore, if I remember correctly. My suggestion for that would be Proper Records from the UK, because they've got some experience with marketing artists in the 2nd half of their careers.