View Single Post
Old 07-17-2021, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
Agreed - these answers make much more sense. The "logic" behind Stevie's move against him is exactly what I thought had happened, too. Stevie Nicks in capital letters...

Sad to see the state of things between LB and John, but I'm not sure we should have expected anything else. They butted heads a bit when he and Stevie first joined, and I don't ever remember hearing about a honeymoon period thereafter. (Still, I'll never forget about LB sticking up for him when John got cancer and the rest of them wanted to keep touring).

The Christine stuff is just heartbreaking. That being said, I think the mutual admiration between them is real, and I'm holding out hope for some kind of fence mending.
when you read the interview, and also from what Lindsey was telling fans at m&gs back in 2018, he had no hard feelings towards Christine, John or Mick. he considered them weak, and primarily looking after their own best interests. obviously he knows these people are lousy humans and accepts them as such. he says in this interview, especially about John and Christine, that they got caught in the middle, where they didn't want to be.

Mick was the one doing Stevie's dirty work in interviews shoveling garbage all over LB during that sad mac cover tour. yes he and LB are all lovey-dovey these days.

the only person LB blamed for the whole situation was Stevie, and he is still saying the same now. Stevie waited to have enough clout to pull the power play on the rest of them, and once she got there, that's exactly what she did. i'm glad he has no problem telling it like it is now.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"