View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 08:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Some words from Mick's first book:

From Disc, dated May 23, 1970: "Rumors that Christine Perfect would join her husband, John McVie, in the Fleetwood lineup were dismissed this week by the group's manager Clifford Davies.
"He told Disc: 'Fleetwood will continue as a four-piece group. There is nobody of any race, color, or creed joining them. They go to America on July 31 where they have been booked as a four-piece group and that's how they'll stay. "

You simply keep going if you're a musician. The whole philosophy McVie and I had (and still have) regarding Fleetwood Mac is, if someone pulls out, we're still here.
But this was cold comfort to Jeremy Spencer and Danny Kirwan during the summer of 1970, at Fleetwood Mac's new country seat, Kiln House. Pete was gone and Jerry and Danny were deeply affected: they were now fronting the band, and their morale was low. We were all depressed and nervous because we had been abandoned by our supreme leader. To try to muddle through, I took over leadership of the band from Pete. And John and I got our front line some help. She was the best blueswoman and the prettiest musician in England, as well as being John's wife, Christine Perfect McVie.