View Single Post
Old 12-23-2022, 01:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
I watched it on youtube a few years ago. In some ways it does not feel that long ago and in other ways its a reminder how long ago it was. Its fun to see the "old" cars and flip phones.

I know I am in a minority on this board but I love the album. Of course it was hollow without Chris. But I am thankful they went forward and created the album. I really don't hate any of the songs. It used to be my workout CD back in the day so I must have listened to it a million times.
I totally agree. I rewatched it a few months ago and got a strange sense of nostalgia. My mind still thinks of SYW as their “new” album despite it being nearly 20 years old. Listening to it brings back the excitement of being 12 and going to Tower Records after school to buy a brand new Fleetwood Mac CD for the first time ever.

Of course I could (and have) spend hours imagining how much better and different it would have been if Chris had been part of it. (That could be a whole other thread in itself.) But I’m also glad it happened. I’d place Thrown Down, Smile At You, Everybody Finds Out, and Destiny Rules among Stevie’s best songs of all time, and I like most of Lindsey’s songs on it too. Plus I see it as the spark that started the long cycles of touring that eventually gave Christine something to come back to when she was ready.