View Single Post
Old 01-01-2022, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
It's common knowledge that she was a child prodigy on guitar and piano! He owes her everything!!!
I will say I believe that from 03-17, Lindsey, likely not directly, moved Stevie to really up her game as a stage performer during FM shows. I saw all the tours multiple times.
Stevie on an FM stage from 03-17 was fire. Twirls weren't undercooked. Stage clothes were new and colorful. She went for high notes in Dreams, Gypsy, Stand Back... that UP FOR SALE in GDW.

Other than the crackhead dance during the 2018 tour (the dance started in 2013), that same Stevie wasn't there. That crackhead dance was a waste of time which couldve been used for Crystal, Angel, or LDW or Twisted with Neil. She just points in random directions after banging her head for 5 minutes.

I think when you had Neil there, it allowed her to autopilot because he was a contractor who was paid to just do a job and had no role in FM other than to sing male vocal parts. With Lindsey, they had that stage competition, like Donnie and Marie or Steven and Joe Perry.
There will be those who come out and say 2018 was the best they've seen Stevie ( I saw 2018 4 times) but I've seen Stevie for decades and she was not exciting. And I think the songs she chose to sing in that setlist show the show was about cruising. From 97 on, Stevie dug up one of her album cuts and 2018 was the first she didnt. I was expecting Angel but she did Storms for a few shows which was done 80 odd times in 09, and dropped it for a flat Gypsy.

Last edited by UnwindedDreams; 01-01-2022 at 11:45 AM..