View Single Post
Old 08-01-2020, 11:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
The question is...why doesn't it have Mick and John on it?
If its got Chris and Stevie (and Mike apparently) then surely Neil would have sought out Mick's participation at least, if not John. If the proceeds are for charity, then a track billed as by Fleetwood Mac is always going to sell more than Neil Finn (albeit with a 'featuring....' credit).
because it was done by Neil as a Neil song, but then, hey, it's easy enough to get the other vocalists to layer in some harmonies and having Stevie on especially would get it far more attention. in other words, it was not a true "collaboration" or "group effort". It's a Neil song with the girls layered in. Not saying good or bad, just not a real band effort. I didn't enjoy the later Rumours5 stuff done that way as much as the earlier stuff where they were all in studio together putting tracks down either. I think you can hear the difference when music is done piecemeal.

But I don't think this song represents any sort of indication of them doing any larger group project together. He did a charity song and thought it would help promote it better to have Stevie and Chris on it. That's it.