View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 03:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I’d say Fleetwood Mac as a group doesn’t exist anymore, primarily because Christine has died.

But I do know that I saw Fleetwood Mac on their last tour in 2019- Christine was there, and Mick was there, and Stevie was there, and John was there just like Dorothy at the end of the Wizard of Oz LOL!

Sure they sang cover songs- Go Insane and Stand Back, whoops I mean Don’t Dream It’s Over and Free Falling. Darn it, I guess between those four songs and Blue Letter and the Farmer’s Daughter, well cover songs aren’t entirely new to any incarnation of FM.

UnwindedDreams, please post what you think of the tribute to Christine when it airs, I’m looking forward to hearing what people think.
You forget the context. This was not a band on the upswing or many years of viability left. Many speculated the 2018 tour would be their last because of their age and it surely looks that way. John barely made it through the 2018 tour after cancer treatment.
So your analogies of Lindsey, Stevie, or Christine leaving voluntarily many moons ago cant relate to 2018. The On With The Show 2014-2015 tour shocked the world and their was renewed interest in the band. It was their most successful world tour ever. It prompted speculation of a final album and tour. Soon the final album was in doubt and then the final tour was almost in doubt because of the unhappiness of one member. We know why Bob Weston was fired but we still dont know why Lindsey was fired. For months the story kept changing. Then finally it was revealed Stevie's manager told the band she was never going to share a stage with Lindsey again. Oh no! A world tour was already booked. What could they do? Tens of millions was at stake. Their solution was to hire replacements for the tour. Few believed Mick when they said they were permanent members. Half a decade later, they have never recorded together or appeared on the same stage again. Now a pivotal member has died and John will never tour again.
You cant put the genie back in the bottle. Was it really worth it for their swansong and final act? Its probably the dumbest firing in rock history. You have one last tour and instead of a farewell tour its Fakewood Mac. Thanks $tevie.
Stevie and Lindsey dont even see eachother on tour except on stage. They have went through lots of drama for decades. What changed? I dont find it a coincidence the band went on without her in the studio. No doubt this jealousy was too much for Stevie to take. It renewed her rage at Lindsey in a new light. For the first time ever, the band did not wait for her. It drove her nuts. I would bet my life if there was no Buck/Vie album, the tour would have resumed with Lindsey without incident.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 02-05-2023 at 03:19 PM..