View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Run View Post
My post has little intention in dissecting Rumours again. (which is brilliant in infinite ways) It was more intended to spark discussion on Lindsey’s softening and intention behind his social media post.

Lindsey spent years publicly running from Rumours. On its most recent anniversary, post a coming together of the four remaining living band members, he was the one to publicly write how much love there is for this work and how strong that love is today. Immediately followed by likes and posts by his two daughters.

The man who spent years trying to run from this album and it’s pop success,
as he wanted to build independent credibility, and Rolling Stone once called “the angriest dog in rock” has come home to its brilliance, societal significance, and its indelible mark on everything he has today.

In my opinion, he yearns that the last public incarnation of Fleetwood Mac include his name. It matters to him. The songs that shaped how so many of us hear music and would never have sounded as they did without him, define his legacy both publicly, and yes, privately. I believe he is driven to be known and documented as the last guitar player to play in Fleetwood Mac even if it is one song, one night.
You're right. But you know what, to this day, when people post pictures of Fleetwood Mac, they're not posting pictures of the Finn/Mike lineup. Or t-shirts in stores don't have Mike and Neil on them. The pictures are of the 75 lineup. That 2018 lineup never even had a live album or dvd. 2018 was a one time deal. In my view, it's like Eagles now: Eagles are Don, Joe, and Timothy with Deacon and Vince. I know Neil and Mike are listed as members of FM but there's no really no difference. Vince sings the same amount of songs that Neil sang, and maybe more. So 2018 FM to me was Mick, John, Chris, Stevie with Neil and Mike.

Mick's restaurant in Hawaii has no photos of the 2018 lineup but plenty of 1975 lineup. And most importantly, Fleetwood Mac hasn't released a new song since 2013, a song which Lindsey was on.