View Single Post
Old 06-11-2021, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Yeah, I think if the two things (him reconnecting with Mick and his divorce) are related at all, it might be more the other way around-- that is, his marriage was faltering, and maybe they'd already decided to split and were just working it out behind the scenes before any public revelation was made, maybe they were in fact already living apart... and with his kids grown and doing their own stuff, and his wife doing her own stuff, he felt more of the effects of the loss of the band and reached out to Mick to explore future work projects...
I think things were definitely not ok before his firing/heart attack judging by Kristen's social media. But it appeared things went better during his recovery.
They had probably been separated for a long time and for whatever strange reason decided to make it public the same day of this solo tour. His recent closeness with the band couldn't have helped in any way.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.