Thread: All over again
View Single Post
Old 05-21-2020, 04:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I can believe that Christine might not know which album it was on. She might get things at the end confused with the compilations. She was interviewed about the later songs so much less often than the others that their chronological place in her repertoire might not be as cemented. I’m not sure I couldn’t fool her about, say, where Heart of Stone showed up.
During an off the cuff interview prior to the latest tour, yes, I would totally believe that. But they practiced for months bringing songs from every album. When it was discovered and they practiced it multiple time she clearly remembered Time when she was pulling songs off albums.
So it makes not sense to repeat on stage every night that she has no idea what album its from. I think it was banter in her joking style not to mention Time since 97% of the audience did not know about it or own a copy.
IMHO an honest statement would have been "When we were rehearsing for this tour, we dug out lots of old songs. When I played this for the band, Stevie seemed to enjoy it so we decided to turn it into a duet.. Its from the album Time (which none of you guys bought). Chris's humor there

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-21-2020 at 04:25 AM..