View Single Post
Old 09-27-2014, 10:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
It depends on what you define under being 'in the band'. She talks about them in the third person. ' They record too slow'. She is not in the band.
agree. in Nicks' own words:

"When [John McVie] got cancer, we had to cancel our tour of Australia. I had some free time, and I thought, "Maybe I should make a record."
[Fleetwood Mac couldn't record 17 songs in 15 months.]
They couldn't, not even if you offered them $5 million apiece. In Fleetwood Mac, I play them a demo, and someone says, "That's great, but why don't we work on that second verse?" I might say, "Are you crazy?" or I might say, "That's a good idea." You mull it over.
[Is there relief in doing a solo album, rather than going through the democratic process of Fleetwood Mac? In a band, you have to ask others "What do you think?" and then pretend you care.]
Right. Because you don't really care. You're asking people to give you an opinion, just so you'll be able to say, "I totally disagree with you, and I know I'm right. But I'm glad to hear how you feel."

note: no mention of contractual obligation anymore. just had some free time. time when FM wanted her in the studio with them.

she doesn't want their opinions.

meanwhile *they* recorded like 15 new songs in about 2 months.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"