View Single Post
Old 12-23-2022, 06:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

I watched it on youtube a few years ago. In some ways it does not feel that long ago and in other ways its a reminder how long ago it was. Its fun to see the "old" cars and flip phones.
I really enjoyed it and glad they did it. I wish we could have gotten one for another album. I was so empathetic to Lindsey's plight. You can see so many of his Tusk elements for SYW. Everyone wanted a shorter commercial album. The sad part is when Mick says Lindsey will be really hurt and destroyed if the album only sells 500k copies. And guess what, the album sold 500k copies. Even that shows how long ago this was because an album today selling 500k copies would be hugely successful. The music industry was changing at such a rapid fashion.
I know I am in a minority on this board but I love the album. Of course it was hollow without Chris. But I am thankful they went forward and created the album. I really don't hate any of the songs. It used to be my workout CD back in the day so I must have listened to it a million times.