View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacShadowsBall View Post
As far as the "Battle of the Songs" goes, Christine is doing very well in the Pre-Rumours era and won the Behind the Mask battle. So she is providing good competition. Actually she might end up with more winners that Stevie! Poor Lindsey though - he'll have at least 1 song maybe 2, if he wins the Say You Will battle.
Yeah, however my understanding is that the statistics you provided of Christine having the most huge chart hits in the US was for the Rumours-era songs, not overall Mac Christine's songs (which I think you are talking about when listing how Christine may end up with more winners than Stevie in the battle of the songs). So far, all the Rumours-era albums (except for the Chain, which has Stevie as a co-writer of course) have Stevie's song as a winner - which does not really reflect the chart statistics you provided. And it's even more skewed when you look how big these Stevie songs have won over the runner-up.

Please don't get me wrong, I love your polls, they are one of the reasons I joined the Ledge, I'm just trying to provide some constructive discussion about over-interpreting the data (I deal a lot with statisticians in my real life, what can I say - I hear a lot of bias-calling!).

As far as potential Lindsey wins, sorry I don't see that happening. Which of his songs would you predict might win SYW poll? Yes, Peacekeeper was the only radio hit from SYW, but I'm not sure it will even win Lindsey's songs there (he has too many good songs on SYW...). I would sooner expect maybe Thrown Down winning, or even Everybody Finds Out... but we'll see maybe I'm completely off!