Thread: Stevie question
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2023, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
There was an interview in the summer of 1981 when she was on tour with Tom. This was months before her own solo dates. Stevie said in the summer of 1981 that the new Mac album was halfway done. So I imagine she did spend early time on it at least giving her songs for it to be half finished. She was busy jetting around with Tom, flying to France, back to the states for her solo dates then back to France.

BTW, I posted that interview here several months ago.
And there was that cover story called “Where’s Stevie” by David Gans, which ran in Record, an ancillary of Rolling Stone. The other members all told Gans that Stevie was hardly spending any time with them at Larrabee, where Mirage was mostly tracked and mixed. I think Stevie spent her time with Mac in France and then mostly ditched them when they came back to California to continue working.

So Tusk may very well be the last Mac album that Stevie devoted full time to. But even for that one, Lindsey made a strange little comment about that in the press after Stevie told US that working with Lindsey was like being held hostage by the Ayatollah. He said something like, “What is she even talking about? She was barely there.”

moviekinks.blogspot.com