View Single Post
Old 08-11-2021, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
The vitriol between the S and L camps since the unilateral decoupling of 2018 has me picturing not a crowd of serenely adoring FM fans in the front rows but two viciously opposed gangs waving placards and casting aspersions on each other or at the performer they dislike. Perhaps the final tour should be held in a Thunderdome-themed stadium, with bloodlusting disenfranchised fans clawing and hollering while Stevie and Lindsey battle it out with each other gladiator-style, tambo to Turner.

As for "closure" for the band generally, Mick knows no such thing. He will always be working the press, drumming up publicity for the next FM or quasi-FM thing. At this point he is probably wishing Stevie would just fall off the wall of her castle turret so he can bring in a replacement willing to go on the road and sing her songs.
Well, most folks who love Lindsey and hate Stevie (at least on this message board) have already sworn they won’t go to another Fleetwood Mac tour anyway, even if Lindsey does rejoin, so there won’t be any problem with protests. Plus, of the clips I’ve seen on YouTube and the show I saw in person, there were no protests of any kind when Neil and Mike came on stage- the show ran smoothly and went over incredibly well. The idea that anyone cares enough about the inner workings of a band that they would engage in any sort of juvenile behavior is comical though, but not representative of the real world, of which this latest development in FM is just another ho hum event.