View Single Post
Old 07-22-2013, 07:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE HORNET 81 View Post
Hi everyone,my names Sam and am new to the forum.
I joined especially to reply to this thread as I'm the guy a couple of years back who put the youtube comment up of working where Danny Now lives.
I worked for alot of Chef Agencys in London and one day go the call to cover for a home for alcoholics in South London for a week.
When I got there it was an assortment of interesting characters,most of them lovely and interesting in their own way(one an ex MP.one an Ex Teacher)untill they'd had a few then they turned like most Alcoholics do!
Was preparing Lunch one day and this particular Man looked familiar to me but I didn't know where.
As I was talking to a Jamaican member of staff she enlightened me on the variety of residents here
"Oh one used to be in big group,I mean big group in 1970s.I mean we look him up on internet and he were huge!"
"Ummm what Band was that?" I asked.
"Oh I never heard of them but you might,Fleetwood Mac?"
Then the Penny dropped and I asked her what his name was to which she replied "Danny,Danny Kirwan"
Well being a huge fan of the original FM and of Green and Kirwan I was dumbstruck to realise it was him.
After being there a week I realised he was well looked after,went out when he felt like it on day trips with the other residents and ate very very well.
I feel like I teased him one day when I brought in a blues cd and put it on in the kitchen and he walked in and said "Now,I like this mate!"
Like alot of reports on him,he does have a guitar and plays it when he feels like it but no big comeback is ever gonna happen soon,he's just too vulnerable.
Before I left I said to him people out there had alot of love for him to which he smiled then walked away,I'd hate for him to pass away one day not knowing the huge ammount of respect he has for him.
Ahem, welcome Sam. However, I'm quite sure I've read this story here on The Ledge before. Can't recall when, must have been at least a year ago.