Thread: Everywhere
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 05:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
Just watched this clip about Everywhere by this Youtuber. I quite like this guy.
Though it’s about Everywhere he gives an overview of Tango in the Night in general and the context of the album. It serves as a good tribute to Christine.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cEiZWYllCEo
I watch that guy all the time but he gets on my nerves because what he can say in 10 minutes takes him 25 minutes. His Edge of 17 video a few months ago was great though.
This sort of opens up the Stevie on backing vocals on Everywhere controversy again. Personally I dont hear her. We were told many moons ago that Lindsey layered his voice to sound like Stevie. But where? I always thought it was Stevie on Family Man and then I heard it was not. Then in that 1987 Lindsey interview before he left he says Stevie is on Family Man. If Stevie is on Everywhere then where did Lindsey layer Stevie sounding vocals? Or maybe that entire premise is false and Lindsey never did that. We know he tinkered with tracks i.e. speeding up Seven Wonders and finishing the last verse of WISYA. Maybe we have all been down a false rabbit hole. Would love a Lindsey book someday but I know he wont do it.
Tango was a huge success globally which is something Mirage and Tusk never was. However its surprising with its MTV videos, radio friendly pop hits that it did not do better in the states. It only hit #7 and then fell swiftly. I know it sold a few million in the states but an album with 4 top 20 hits and regular MTV play, you would think the album would have sold much more and charted higher. IMHO if Little Lies was the first single before Big Love would have promoted the album better.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 04-07-2023 at 05:30 PM..