Thread: RIP B B King
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2015, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee View Post
I was lucky to get to see him play @ a Blues Festival in Atlantic City about 9 years ago, Joe Bonamassa, Kenny Wayne Shepherd & B B King. It was a show that I'll never forget. Mr. King performed alone & with Kenny Wayne Shepherd. Not only was Mr. King an excellent blues player, but the was also an excellent story teller.

RIP B B King, you will be remembered & missed.

Lee
I caught him on tour around 7 years ago myself, and it had a similar effect on me. Obviously he was an impressive performer, but his storytelling was what I really walked away remembering. My friend Bill always says there are two types of old men: grumpy old men, and senile old men. BB didn't seem to be either- he was very sharp, funny, and impressively positive; especially given he was in his 80s and touring relentlessly at the time. We definitely lost a big link in the musical chain with his passing- he tied together multiple eras and genres. There can never be another like him!