View Single Post
Old 10-29-2022, 06:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It does my heart good to see As Long As you Follow get some love here. Totally underrated masterpiece. I think a thesis could be written on why or how this song wasn’t a bigger hit- the state of radio at the time, the grunge era just starting, not being played by MTV, etc. One thing I’ve noticed is that most casual FM fans- people who only bought the Greatest Hits album, for example, think ALAYF was a big hit, because it’s on the Greatest Hits album.

If FM had ever bothered to play the song live, I think they would have been shocked at the audience reception, because most people would have known the song quite well. If only they had performed it during the Behind the Mask tour, but I’m sure they saw no point because it wasn’t a smash like Little Lies or Everywhere, which is a shame. It would have been interesting seeing Lindsey perform it with them when he returned, but no way was he going to play on a song he wasn’t around for, which I kind of understand. But the last tour would have benefitted from featuring this song instead of All Over Again.

Last edited by bwboy; 10-29-2022 at 06:32 AM..