View Single Post
Old 12-31-2021, 05:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
In retrospect, Lindsey is far and and away Stevie's best musical arranger/producer. Not only were the songs better, but he always knew exactly what to do with them, even the Tango stinkers had some clever added touches which would have been great if the songs were better written. By and large, all of those songs hold up better than any solo effort, sans Bella Donna and 1/2 of the Wild Heart, there just is no comparison. Everything that happened with the band is of course decades water under the bridge, but I think had Rumours sold less than 10 million, it would have been a much better band overall and we maybe would have at least another 5 albums in our collection. Purely looking at Stevie though, the cold hard truth is that she desperately needed an intervention and a break from the road in about mid 77 to save her sanity and her voice which around that time was about to cave. Had that happened, I think her legendary status may actually have been warranted and her voice would have held up better than it has.
It amuses me how much credit Lindsey gets for Stevie’s success on this board. Apparently, he was able to craft her songs into works of art that were huge hits, yet he was unable to do the same for himself. This is not an anti-LB rant, just an observation. A few folks here go on and on about how Lindsey turned Stevie’s songs into masterpieces, to which I say exhibit A- When I See You Again. One of the worst things I’ve ever heard from FM. If Lindsey gets so much credit for Stevie’s successes, he should then get the blame for her failures, and that song is a failure on so many levels. This isn’t directed at you, OnIce, just to folks in general.