View Single Post
Old 10-16-2021, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

****drum roll*****

The correct answer is: Love In Store

I don't hate Honey Hi. In fact even though the songs are different musically, the lyrics and short verses make them similar. Honey Hi always seemed unfinished to me almost a demo which is part of its attraction. Its anything but commercial which is its attraction. Both could be Halmark cards with their lyrics. Honey Hi is the perfect example of Christine getting "Tusked." This song would never have appeared like this on any earlier Fleetwood Mac album. It is unique and fits with the quirkiness of Tusk. But the song starts out great but it just does not land and is missing something to make it complete. Love in Store is a complete song.
Why Love In Store is better:
Listen how the song begins........bum bum bum ......bum bum bum. This catchy keyboard riff is quite basic but then the drums kick in in rather a fast yet steady tempo. Lindsey plays along to the keyboard riff then Christine starts with her halmark card opening "All I know is the way that I feel, whenever you're around, you've got a way of lifting me up, instead of brining me down" then Lindsey and Stevie echo Christine's words then its "We've got love in Store" Then the fabulous doo waps start which is something that is not heard ever on any Fleetwood Mac song. Its almost 50's doo wapping. All singers merge together for harmony on the chorus. What Love in Store and Honey Hi have in common is the song is dominated by the chorus and we get a tremendous chorus. Love in Store is pure pop greatness taken from a simple bum bum bum beginning. I think Mick's beat really took the song to levels. If it was slower, it would not have the same impact. What a perfect song as an album opener. I think if this song was the first single with a video, it would have landed in the top 10. Gypsy and Hold Me are the gem singles that would have carried their own weight if they were released after. Love in Store really shines live and is a song I always thought would be a fantastic encore since its up-tempo, short and features all the singers.