View Single Post
Old 01-26-2023, 06:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Billy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I have a few questions there, too. I’m saving it for tomorrow (off to bed).
As promised…

I’m now wondering if Billy also had to be compelled to rejoin. He recently said they asked him to do the tour and asked him to bring in a couple of songs for the album, but he said in 1995 that he asked to rejoin, so that’s always been a little sketchy.

Here’s the timeline: Fleetwood Mac played the Super Bowl on January 31, 1993, “Coming Home” was released on February 16, 1993, Soccer Rocks the Globe, which featured the original “Blow By Blow,” was released on March 30, 1994, Billy’s “Saturday Night Special” movie was released on May 20, 1994, and the first tour date listed for the Time band was July 4, 1994.

When Richard and Christine left and when Billy rejoined are still a mystery. The only songs Richard didn’t produce were the new “Blow By Blow” and “These Strange Times.” Steve Thoma is only listed as the keyboardist on Dave’s songs and “Winds of Change,” suggesting Christine played on everything Billy cowrote. Now, whether she was still participating in the sessions after Billy came back or was dubbed in after being compelled back is the unknown.

So, was Billy compelled back for contractual reasons, did he replace Christine on the project, was he asked back to be a buffer between Dave and the ladies, did he ask to rejoin after his solo album wasn’t a hit, or was it simply a situation where he was still in frequent contact with Mick, Christine, and Bekka and everyone felt he should be back in the band?

THE Stephen Hopkins