View Single Post
Old 08-03-2022, 04:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
^^^I don’t see in the article where the success of this song was attributed to Lindsey’s leaving. Did I miss something?
No, that was a dig at me for suggesting that “Little Lies,” which was released 25 days after Lindsey quit, benefited from the drama surrounding the band, who absolutely played it up (see “Little Lies” video, which topped the MTV Top 20 Video Countdown TWICE).

The nerve of suggesting that it helped someone’s musical boner song become a Top 5 hit.

The overall context was “Fleetwood Mac” initially sold what Fleetwood Mac albums usually sold, but began picking up again when “Over My Head” was released and started skyrocketing when news broke that the McVies were divorcing, setting the stage for “Rumours.” Otherwise, without that kind of drama, Fleetwood Mac albums with that lineup sell what “Tusk” and “Mirage” sold.

ETA: And, the announcement that Lindsey quit and Billy and Rick were the new guys was on August 18. The music press was still digesting the news when the song and video were released.

THE Stephen Hopkins

Last edited by SteveMacD; 08-03-2022 at 07:45 PM..