View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 06:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownOnRodeo View Post
Sorry but... yikes.

This album is the musical equivalent of Jurassic World Dominion--a cobbling together of new and old to meet some contractual requirement and destroying the original good material while they're at it.

The songs sound like someone with an iPad made some vocal isolation tracks one afternoon and incohesively mixed in some old and new instrumentation in the background as an afterthought.
What was going through their mind when they added those twinkly bells on Sweet Revenge?
Where are the background vocals on every song? Oh, my mistake--they've just been reduced to a frequency only perceptible by raccoons.
Why would they remove that awesome echo on Chris's voice near the end of The Challenge?

Perhaps worst of all, Ask Anybody, once a brooding and finely-tuned masterwork, has had the soul stripped out of it and been given a botched Copacabana facelift.

I would love this album--if I had never had the pleasure of hearing all of the tracks in the original, far superior form.

So sad that they just didn't remaster her solo stuff like Lindsey's amazing Anthology.
Ha!
Every time I listen the Challenge on this CD, I also miss the echo. I kept telling myself why get frustrated at something so tiny but glad to see I am not the only one. Perhaps he should have enhanced the echo. Chris's 1984 album was so plain jane for 1984 without the 80s tech drum machines and programmed instruments, etc. Let that echo alone!

I was reading reviews on Amazon and someone said something that hit home. Songbird is such a classic song. Would you remix Stairway To Heaven? How dare anyone change anything about it

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-28-2022 at 06:39 AM..