View Single Post
Old 06-25-2022, 03:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
They. really knocked Ask Anybody out of the park. It's a lot more intense, as it should be.

Surprisingly I love the sequencing and Songbird actually grabbed me yesterday. I focused on how beautiful the vocal is. And the rest is window dressing. The duet with Hawkins keeps getting better and better.

And most importantly, I love hearing Christine sing, play organ and keyboards. She's so talented in a way that moves me as a human being. My expectations were low and so now I'm really enjoying the flow of this CD.

By the way, Sweet Revenge is dynamite. Never took to it before, but it has a certain genius to it.
Thats the beauty of this. Re-discovering some songs you skipped over. But it also is a double edged sword because if some of the songs you skip over sound good what if some of your favorites were remixed with added guitars and percussion.

But you cant get everything

P.S. I'll let you know if this new Songbird ever appeals to me. Right now its probably my least favorite on the CD only because I still dont believe the orchestra music goes with the song. But after a few more plays maybe I will be hypnotized.
Oh look.....something just flew by the window!

Last edited by Macfan4life; 06-25-2022 at 03:10 PM..