View Single Post
Old 06-10-2022, 10:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
Cocaine is a stimulant and releases tons of dopamine in the brain. It makes the body more alert and sensitive to its senses. Multiple studies have shown cocaine makes people perform better and even drive better. Playing keyboards would be no different. Even Don Henley said during the peak of the Eagles success they believed cocaine was one of the reasons for their success because it extended their creativity.
Having said that cocaine is the devils drug. Its never satisfying and as soon as you take a bump you are already planning your next bump and its an endless cycle. When abused it takes over completely. Studies have shown that when given to monkeys, the monkey will eventually choose cocaine over food when given the choice. Then when all you think about is getting high destroys everything in your life.
Alcohol on the other hand gives the body fake or false impressions. People think they do things better like driving, etc and every study shows alcohol impacts all bodily functions. But when used with cocaine, it brings the body down from being too high. Long story short, its not surprising Chris would say cocaine and champagne made her play better. There is some truth to that.
What I got a kick out of was how she rationalized her and Stevie's intake compared to the guys. Everyone knows Stevie and Mick were the biggest partiers. Chris made me laugh when she said her and Stevie "only" did spoons while the guys had their stuff in Heineken beer caps on stage. The spoon may contain a little less coke but how often are you using the spoon? The guys may have used the beer cap the entire show yet Stevie ran back stage and did 10 spoons

In my party days I loved coke and white wine. The coke made you too wired and a nice glass of wine calmed you while making it more intense. In those days I could spin on the dance floor better than any Stevie. And just like Stevie, I left the dance floor after every song to head to the bathroom
Fascinating. You just explained my favorite two things. For me, I've never had a coke problem, because I'm CHEAP. I'm glad it costs as much as it does. Having a friend with a coke problem would be my only problem. Fortunately I only bump(pun) into that friend about once a month(if that).

Coke and red wine here. Actually, any booze, but red wine is my favorite. The drier the better. So dry, it's like a punch in the face.