View Single Post
Old 04-28-2022, 05:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfan4life View Post
The worst was not over. You work with addicts so you know addicts usually relapse or substitute another substance. Stevie started klonopin and she even said in the interview that it caused her to not show up or show up late. I really dont think Lindsey was going to trust her especially since she could not even complete the 30 days in rehab and ran away after 28 days. Mick's substance abuse continued well after Tango. A recovering addict cant be around parties and other drug users. I think the experience of making the album just made him want to cut ties with these people. I think Mick even acknowledged that bringing drug dealers to Lindsey's house was so wrong. There is a photo of Stevie smoking one of her kool 100's sitting in a chair next to Lindsey during the Tango sessions. Stevie looks so tired or completely wasted and Lindsey is looking at her almost trying to peak her interest. That photo does not say "I'm clean, lets go on tour"
But Stevie did quit using cocaine, and by all accounts the tour with Rick and Billy went incredibly well. Stevie’s dependence on Klonopin was very gradual, she didn’t quit using cocaine and the next day become addicted to Klonopin. Her time after Betty Ford was successful in the sense that she quit cocaine, went on tour with FM, recorded with them on at least 3 new songs, then did her solo album and tour for the OSOTM, followed immediately by another album and tour with FM. She was very productive until the Klonopin became an issue during the Behind the Mask tour, but from 1987-1990, she was in a much better place, and I think Lindsey would have responded well to that. His mind was made up, though. Ultimately it worked out fine, I mean BTM is one of my favorite albums ever, so if Lindsey hadn’t left, that album wouldn’t have been made.