View Single Post
Old 11-05-2023, 12:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villavic View Post
My first thought is to blame on them (the band), not Stevie. Even though if they feared that Stevie, Irving, etc. would sue them for naming BuckVie a Fleetwood Mac album, then so what? Roger Waters lost the lawsuit to avoid continuing to call his former band Pink Floyd. I don't think LC (and M&J) would lose.

So I still feel there is much responsability in the 4 members. As I heard many times, if you don't try to solve the problem, you are part of the problem.
I absolutely agree with this. Stevie wouldn’t have sued them, I mean, what would her grounds be? And why draw attention to it? Would it have made her mad if they had called it a FM album? I think it would have, but not enough to sue. I think the concern was, if they called it a FM album, the media and maybe fans would be like “oh, why isn’t Stevie on the album? Would they not let her on it? Was she too busy? Is she jealous and refusing to be on it?” By calling it Buck/Vie, they thought they’d be able to avoid that… but it didn’t work and everybody asked those questions anyway.

Having said all that, ultimately they were the ones who called it Buck/Vie, so if fans don’t like it for some reason, that’s the band’s fault. I remember when my sister-in-law told me and my brother a story about a man whose wife kept leaving him for other men, and then returning, and leaving him, and returning, and my brother and I said “what’s wrong with him?” My sister-in-law said “Him? You mean what’s wrong with her?” I guess with the Buck/Vie album and who’s to blame for why it’s not officially a FM album, well I guess it’s a matter of perspective.