View Single Post
Old 12-02-2022, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Many of my favorite Christine songs are from this era, and it makes me sad that they didn't get as much exposure as her 1975-1987 work. I think a lot of them could have been hits on the level of Everywhere and Little Lies if circumstances had been different and they'd ended up on more popular albums.

Heart of Stone is my absolute favorite, and it's such a bummer that it isn't even on Spotify or any streaming services. If you don't have the 25 Years: The Chain CD, pretty much the only way to listen to it is downloading it from a YouTube video. It should have been put on 50 Years: Don't Stop like Love Shines was.

My other favorites are Sooner or Later, Save Me, Love Shines, Nights in Estoril, and the 2 quasi-duet Billy songs.

I never really gave much thought to All Over Again before and it's been off of my playlist for like 15 years. But on Wednesday night when I finally felt ready to listen to her music again after hearing the news, it was the first song I wanted to hear. It has such a special meaning now that I didn't recognize before.