View Single Post
Old 05-07-2020, 02:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And laser disc right? I think I have the laser disc, but I don’t have anything to play at on. I never did. However I do still have VCRs that work, both beta and VHS.
You brought back such a memory. I remember seeing the Mirage concert on HBO. Shortly after I was at the mall and they had it on laser disc. I remember just holding it in my hands and fantasizing about buying it and owning a laser disk. We did not even own a VCR until late 1984 or 1985. I also remember seeing Christine's concert also on laser disc and thinking how lucky people were to own a laser disc player. I knew it cost too much money but I wanted to almost ask my parents to buy a laser disc strictly so I could watch these concerts. Of course I did not waste my time because where I came from only rich people owned laser disc players.

Speaking of Christine's solo concert. My first E-bay purchase EVER in 2000 was a VHS copy of the 1983 solo show. YouTube did not exist then and I was SO happy that almost 20 years later I could FINALLY see this concert that I saw in the laser disc store.
These kids today don't realize how lucky they are. With one google hit they can watch concerts and get set lists like nothing.

Last edited by Macfan4life; 05-07-2020 at 02:35 PM..