View Single Post
Old 01-18-2014, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetcamelfood View Post
S&L were on a salary to start but were considered members.
They started out as associates and became partners in the firm.

Quote:
but they knew they could survive as a quartet, and let's be honest, that was the intention once Welch left and they tried to initially get (just) Lindsey. I think Bob said at his Q&A that he did have the option of staying with S&L joining but he chose not to.
Not necessarily. I think Mick wanted to ask Lindsey to join even before Bob left the band. I think he felt, based on what he heard in "Frozen Love," that Lindsey's playing style would be a great fit for the band.

Then Bob left and finding another guitarist became a necessity, and that's when he got Lindsey (and Stevie by default). It would seem reasonable that after Stevie and Lindsey were on board, Mick gave Bob another chance to reconsider leaving (hey Bob, look, we have a new guitarist and girl singer...wanna stay), but Bob said no.

I'd be curious as to what conversations happened from December 1, 1974 (last HAHTF show) through February 1, 1975.

Quote:
So the "partners" must have drawn that line in the sand, 4 minimum members, but more is OK (i.e. when they brought in extra hands e.g. Danny, Walker, etc.).
That's something that Peter Green started when he asked Jeremy Spencer to join the band. Peter didn't want to be the lone frontman, and thus the band's never had one.

THE Stephen Hopkins