View Single Post
Old 07-01-2006, 12:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I can imagine that the occult people of the time would be well aware of Black Magic Woman and thus it makes sense they would zero in on the writer of it, plus celebrity draws those either wanting to use you or simply effect you in some way to make themselves feel important... often because they're non-creative themselves, like the company executives who try to force changes.

I don't see Peter leaving the group as unusual at all, just his own wrecklessness, unhappiness or aimlessness seems to have begun following the incident. Hate to bring another music icon into this, but it seemed like Jim Morrison's appearance changed rapidly at some point too for example, with the beard, and his eyes being more unfocused, and a generally zombified demeanor... it was like another person, or like the person who was there before had kind of gone to bed and stayed there. That seems how people decribe Peter who was really such a handsome guy and five years later was looking twenty years older. I'm gonna have to find a bit of time to scan this Syd Barret photo of 1975 where his old friends did not recognize him at all and in studio 3 of abbey road yet!

Last edited by becca; 07-01-2006 at 12:38 AM..