View Single Post
Old 06-30-2006, 06:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Lightbulb from the horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharksfan2000
Very nice summary, Dino! And your last paragraph very closely mirrors my view of the impact of the Munich events.

One thing to add - the "Munich trip" has long been blown out of proportion to become one of the great rock'n'roll myths. It's often written that Peter disappeared for a three-day acid binge and was never the same afterwards. As noted above, Peter went to the house in Munich only that one night, and in the company of one of the band's crew. Of course I wasn't there so I can only speculate on what may have happened at the house and if there really was any dramatic change in Peter's personality or behavior afterwards. From whhat I've read, he announced his decision to leave the band the following day, and as Dino mentions, that surely had an effect on how the other band members viewed the events.

Jeremy - if you're reading this thread, it would be great to have your input on what really happened

The speculation has been amusing but I was thinking for awhile now, I'll only post a reply if someone asks!! So here you go, Sharksfan.
It's true that we, or more accurately, Pete was met at Munich airport by a very beautiful girl and a strange guy in a black cape. Their focus was definitely Pete for some reason. The rest of us didn't get it, but we discussed the weird vibes. We were invited to their mansion in the Munich forest that night. Pete was already jamming down in the basement, wa wah stuff with congas and stuff when I arrived with Mick. Dennis Keene met us in the driveway, ashen faced and freaking out over the bad vibes and how weird Pete was going. I don't think Dennis was stoned, he just wanted to get out. I tried calming him down with a scripture. I wasn't stoned, maybe I toked some weed that night, but Mick and I stayed and cooked some eggs in the kitchen cos we were famished!
Anyway the house (more like a mansion) was a rich hippy crash pad. And it was spooky. There was some weird stuff going on in the different rooms. Hocus pocus that I don't want to get into here otherwise it'll open up a can of worms.
Mick and I ended up upstairs talking to a girl who was severely affected by the whole thing. It definitely wasn't positive. And if you believe in bad vibes, people wise and music wise, this was it. Mick and I were oh so glad to be out of there. I don't believe we can just blame the acid, it's a convenient scapegoat, but 'beautiful minds' have been around long before acid. (Maybe I should get ready to duck!!)