View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 04:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Side two for me, Rumours was just getting warmed up by the end of Songbird for what was in store in the Chain, the best band collaboration of the entire history of Fleetwood Mac, crediting all 5 members. Fun to now know most of the history of the creation of that masterpiece of song craft. Only to be followed up by Christine McVie's best pop song, it never gets old, sounds just as good on the radio in 2021 as it did in '77. The wonderfully written, arranged and sung I Don't. Want to Know, Rumours overlooked gem and Stevie and Lindsey sing the song brilliantly. Oh Daddy, I'm in the camp that loves it and wow what a treat live. Finally there's Gold Dust Woman, a tour de force live for decades, had its glory captured in every "witch" way of wonderful to gloriously end Rumours. Stevie Nicks would write songs of equal calibre afterwards, but none stood the test of time and worked so well on the stage as GDW. I know it's hard not to mention a single track on side one as each are amazing, but side two just takes this classic album to the stratosphere.

And then... there's Silver Springs, and not to upset Homer still one of the best songs the band ever did and Stevie Nicks best composition of her long career.