View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 05:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GateandGarden
I agree with you. I think that's just an awful song; I don't know what people see in it. But I think there are some other great tracks on there besides the ones you mentioned. I think "Forgiveness" is one of the best, but that one seems to get mixed reviews.

I love "Sweet Revenge" too, but I find myself wondering what "wicked ways" she intends to use to get her sweet revenge, exactly. So ominous and ambiguous. It's like Meatloaf. Just what is it that you won't do for love, man? You're so adamantly against it so what the hell is it???

Oh, yeah, I like Sweet Revenge. I was just singing that one last night.
Everyone seems to love You Are, and it got some radio play in the UK, but it's not really a favourite of mine. The random high notes kind of... eh. Don't really grab me. Forgiveness is okay. I also like So Sincere... more the lyrics than the song itself. It's a little cryptic. Reminds me of something you know who would've written, with the "Funny little white car with the broken light".

I think Northern Star could've been a great song, if it had been arranged properly.

If you go back a bit in my LJ, you'll find the post where I talked a bit about each of the songs. It's not a proper review, but it's basically my first impressions of them, since I posted it the day I bought it.