View Single Post
Old 01-08-2022, 11:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
I think you’re exactly right about Lindsey not using the Dance to resurrect his solo career. It doesn’t seem like he’s ever been so focused on being popular. Money, definitely, but also I know he’s spoken about the importance of FM’s legacy in the past, and that may have been a big factor in his decision, too. If I recall, FM had been nominated for the RRHOF twice before, but it wasn’t until the Dance came out that they made it in. That was not a coincidence. I think up until the Dance aired on MTV, it could have gone either way- the special could have been not well received and been their last gig, or it could have been well received and led to a resurgence. Fortunately, it was the latter.

I’m curious which video you’re referring to from the BTM era. I believe Stevie wanted to work with him, I just don’t recall a video or interview where she said that. I know people have said she’s always wanted him out of the band, but the evidence doesn’t support that idea at all. By all accounts, she begged him not to leave in 1987; Billy Burnette said Stevie was the one who asked Lindsey to play at the inauguration (and for Billy to step back); and she’d complained for years that she would call him for advice about a song and he wouldn’t respond, at least until Twisted. That doesn’t sound like someone who wanted him out of the band.
Lindsey showed up at the end of two of the final BTM concerts. I believe it was during her introduction to Landslide on one of the nights that Lindsey was there that Stevie said she hoped that he would find it in his heart to work with her again.