View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 06:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
I just think Save Me was a bit too MOR/meh for the mainstream charts. Its okay, but kind of bland. I think they released it as it was the most in keeping with their 80's hits. Its the song that mostly follows the Hold Me/Little Lies/Everywhere formula....just not as good. By that time though chart music had really moved on. Save Me was a bit behind the times.
Yes, I think a single version of Behind The Mask or Do You Know would have had a better chance of impacting on the charts. Think of the success of Extreme: More Than Words. I'm not for one minute saying Do You Know is as good a song as that, but I think it had a similar sort of vibe.

I actually remember reading Save Me was out in the charts...but I hadnt heard it yet. I remember Baywatch came out at around that time and it had a song called Save Me as the theme song. I had kinda hoped that was it.
....but no...that was by Peter Cetera.
I think you’re pretty much spot on re Save Me. It was a bit behind the times in 1990. If it had only come out one year earlier, it might have been a bigger hit. Love that guitar by Rick Vito so much, though.

Now I’m picturing Pamela Anderson and David Hasselfoff running on the beach to Save Me- “I’m running for cover…”