View Single Post
Old 11-19-2014, 06:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Probably. The fact is they never toured in support of that album, so we'll never really know what potential it had, if any. Given the weak sales numbers of the solo albums by Stevie and Lindsey, I doubt it would have done a lot better.

The problem with the whole era, starting with the Tango tour, is that they were too subservient to the Rumours legacy, which was understandable, but not something that they had done during the previous personnel changes. They didn't do any Peter Green songs on the Kiln House tour, for example. As a result, the new members were allowed to develop their own identities within the context of Fleetwood Mac.
Wasn't until Welch got in the band did they start adding Peter's tunes again. (and even Danny took a shot at singing "Black Magic Woman" for a while...that was pretty cool; he did a great job with it.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
The show was fine for what it was. But it was a little disconcerting when they performed classic Fleetwood Mac songs. Most of the audience was likely very confused and not informed about drastic line up change. Only a fraction of the venue was filled, and I saw people walking out during the show. It was sad. I recall feeling so worried about what kind of future was in store for the band.
It really WASN'T "drastic", the changes happened over the course of about 8 years...it wasn't their fault if you (the euphemistic "you", not "you" in particular) didn't "keep up". I saw them almost a year to the day before the Time album came out...(T-shirts & posters were promoting the "upcoming album Another Link In The Chain")...they were great! (even a guest appearance by Bekka's mom, Bonnie) It was a bit weird seeing Dave Mason with them...but I figured that would be the case, since it was their first (and what turned out to be, only) tour with this lineup. Knowing that they would have to play a few of the Rumours hits, I was really looking forward to hearing what this lineup would come up on their own.

What has really surprised me is that the show I saw was broadcast in its entirety on then radio station KLSX-FM, yet I've never seen a recording of the show in bootleg trading circles. Did nobody at the radio station hit the "record" button?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I can't recall, but I thought I already had the Time album when I saw this show. But I've seen some posts saying that the album didn't come out until after their tour.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
It was released Oct. 10, 1995. .
I believe the last tour date was in September of '95...but the website I normally go to "fact check" myself on FMac tour related things isn't in biz anymore.