Thread: FM takes on…
View Single Post
Old 04-24-2022, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Question Shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
also Unreleased The Singer Not The Song, and of course Deep Dense (cowrite)

i was just listening in the car to some of these on my way driving back from LB's Kent show, and To Try For The Sun is such as spectacular and typical LB cover - as is Love Minus Zero.

he does really well covering some relatively obscure songs he likes.

i so wish he'd do TTFTS live, but i guess no chance of getting any requests any more. he's now too old and set in his ways. we can just be grateful he still wants to be out there putting on a great show, but unfortunately the days of anything unexpected are gone now.
Lindsey hasn’t done many impromptu songs. During the OOTC radio circuit, he would occasionally play one at the request of the DJ/host. I used to hand write Rock Away Blind at the bottom of his setlist, and he played it a few times. He addressed this during a spoken interview that he treats the shows like Broadway productions, well rehearsed, even down to the spoken segments. I agree with you that he could easily substitute some “deep cuts” for some of the lesser known songs for the ardent fans. Finally saw ensemble version of Soul Drifter, he could easily substitute Countdown. I also would love to see TTFTS, Walk A Thin Line, Rock Away Blind with the full outro, ensemble Big Love, and I think Johnny Stew would be incredible in a live setting. During a Meet and Greet (pre-pandemic), I mentioned that the acoustic Big Love was over 25 years old, and that he should challenge himself to come up with additional live renditions of classic favorites, but I don’t think he will ever change.