Thread: FM takes on…
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2022, 10:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
It may have been a pig but what can I say- I love bacon!

Seriously though, I see your points, but people who love RAL may do so because it was their first exposure to her music, or maybe they didn’t care for Bella Donna or Wild Heart because they were more rock oriented, while RAL is more pop oriented.

I think Talk to Me, I Can’t Wait, and If I Were You would be great additions to her set, along with Rooms on Fire, but she chooses to ignore them for whatever reasons. I Can’t Wait, I know she said in the past was too hard to perform live, and it probably is really challenging to perform live, but she was so high on the tour she did perform the song, I figure that was the reason it was so hard for her. Sober, I bet she would do it great.
The only people I can imagine not liking Bella Donna are disco queens, who can't appreciate the fact that it's (country ish sometimes) CLASSIC ROCK sound is the REASON that it's still revered today.

It's a F*CKING CLASSIC because of that sound. That's why people love and respect it to this day, 42 years after it's release.

No one feels that way about OSOTM. Well, no one with taste!