Thread: FM takes on…
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2022, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by On Ice View Post
I can't understand, at all, how anyone can say this is her best album. It has the feeling of putting lipstick on a pig- I recall a reviewer when it just came out said it was like she slapped that 1985 sound on her music and it just doesn't work-

At least even she neglects most of the album now and except HAEWAFY nothing has made it to a set list in decades and that is not a bad thing.
It may have been a pig but what can I say- I love bacon!

Seriously though, I see your points, but people who love RAL may do so because it was their first exposure to her music, or maybe they didn’t care for Bella Donna or Wild Heart because they were more rock oriented, while RAL is more pop oriented.

I think Talk to Me, I Can’t Wait, and If I Were You would be great additions to her set, along with Rooms on Fire, but she chooses to ignore them for whatever reasons. I Can’t Wait, I know she said in the past was too hard to perform live, and it probably is really challenging to perform live, but she was so high on the tour she did perform the song, I figure that was the reason it was so hard for her. Sober, I bet she would do it great.