View Single Post
Old 01-03-2024, 12:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwboy View Post
Maybe the truth, as usual, lies somewhere in between. I go along with BigAl, that they did make amends and got along reasonably well between 1995-2014. Lindsey recorded Twisted with Stevie, so that right there shows they were both open to reconciliation at that point. Then the Dance happened and they were probably shocked at how well that tour went, as well as the financial windfall it afforded all of them. It’s easy to get along when you’re on a high, which I’m sure the Dance tour was.

Clearly there was a change during and after Say You Will. But up to that point, I absolutely believe they had all truly reconciled any big issues and they were getting along.
I take Chris at her word when she said her and John made up and get along great but Stevie and Lindsey never did. They are constantly fighting. Its amazing what people will do and look past for large amounts of money. Stevie despised Mick for awhile and swore she would never go back to the Mac. In her darkest hour rejoining was too good to pass up. After the inaugural ball the band went out of their way to tell people. NO. We are not reuniting. Sorry. Stevie hated the SYW process and we got a glimpse of it on the documentary. Lindsey knows how to push her buttons and vice versa. Just think: Go Insane was about Stevie. When he broke up with his girlfriend, the line "She's alot like you" was meant for Stevie. You know things are crazy when the name of your album and lead single is GO INSANE. And this was years before their big blowout.