View Single Post
Old 01-27-2005, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm going to risk the wrath of other ledgies here and say that I was less than heartbroken when I learned that Christine had left the band (and indeed she HAS left the band which she has stated herself). Her leaving allowed the dynamic and musical focus of the band to change, for the better if you ask me. Their music is harder, faster, more rocking: Much more guitar and bass driven than piano driven, with less focus on vocal harmonies and more focus on the individual singers.
Most importantly for me, it has allowed Lindsey to not only take a larger share of the album space, but to use songs that might not have worked in the old situation. Had there been a stronger feminine influence in the band, I just don't think that a song such as "Come" or even "Murrow" would have made the cut. As it was Stevie tried to keep "Come" off the album and off the tour.
As much as I like most of Christine's work and the work that Fleetwood Mac has done with her, I think that the songs that make up Say You Will are some of the best that Lindsey and Stevie have produced - as part of FM or solo - in a very long time.