View Single Post
Old 01-24-2003, 11:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

I agree with everything you all have said about what is so loveable/admirable about Mr. Buckingham.. the honesty, humility, brilliant creativity and the fact that he is so articulate. I must add, though it's not necessarily a personality trait, his trademark performance style.
The rocking back and forth with the guitar while he closes his eyes....
The shoulder shimee thing that he does that's sort of spasmic...
The shy, humble way he thanks his audience after screaming his head off and/or performing a blistering guitar solo like in "Big Love" and "I'm So Afraid"...
That look on his face when he is singing...his forehead sort of creases and he looks sad. It's the same look when he's whispering soft notes or belting out the loud ones.
Another thing I really dig, though it's not really a personality trait either, is his California accent . I love listening to interviews with him and Stevie Nicks...they both have this funny accent that is so cute (Having spent practically my whole life in New York and New England, it's not a speaking style I hear much). I think it's a Bay area thing...because I met a friend in college who's from there and talks just like Lindsey...different voice and totally different personality, but same sperech patterns. I love listening to him!
-Sonia
"So I close my eyes softly... till I become that part of the wind that we all long for sometimes. And to those that I love like a ghost through a fog, like a charmed hour and a haunted song, and the angel... of my dreams"

"All alone we suffer. Oh, to steal your heart away."

Last edited by ERigby818; 01-24-2003 at 11:26 PM..