View Single Post
Old 12-15-2022, 06:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Now here's a - TRUE - little story of me having tried to order the book from the big A(.de):

On August 15 I placed the pre-order for slightly under 20 €. And I thought I'd be on the safe side . . . first come first serve, and for a great price at that. Time went by and - as we all know - the release date was postponed from November into December . . . plus the price rose to over the double amount, but my order was placed for the given price guarantee. And then the release was postponed once more into "sometime" in January - a little disappointing, but not really worrying.

Until yesterday that is: F*#°ing Amazon sent me a message that they'd cancelled my order because of "lacking availability" . . . I was completely dumbstruck! At the same time I was made aware that I might order the book from another seller . . . for a now whopping 50 (in words: FIFTY) €! !!! That's what "reputable" business companies can do for you! You bet I could've puked all over the place . . .

Meanwhile I ordered the book anew somewhere else - for a better price, but still doubling what I'd paid in the first place. Apart from that, the German delivery date has again been POSTPONED TO MID-FEBRUARY - now, let's see how this story might develop further down the line . . . WHAT A BUMMER!